Find out more about Task Management Software
What is Task Management Software?
Task management software helps you to execute large projects effectively and on schedule. The system helps you to generate feasible targets and deadlines in line with the data you include in the application. Plus, you can link interdependent tasks for the purpose of seeing the whole picture and to make sure your team members balance, and not contradict, their deliverables. You can use task management software to predict problems and opportunities, and reorganize your methods and resources according to the changing circumstances. The system can help you to achieve your goals and objectives no matter what type of project you use it for. Before you make a final investment decision, try out the free trials of the top-rated apps, in particular Wrike which has been selected as the leader in this category.
Top 10 Most Popular Task Management Software
Best Task Management Software
How To Choose The Best Task Management Software
There are numerous task management software platforms available in the market. This makes it hard to sort out the good ones from the average online programs. This buyer’s guide gives you tips on the list of features to look for while you go about selecting the best Task Management Software for small business, medium-sized companies, or large enterprises.
Get to know each product with free trial
The best way to start is to sign up for the free trial plans or demo offered by popular task management software providers to check out the main functionalities of each system and do a comparison with other tools. The free trial plans give you ample time to gauge the strengths and drawbacks of each app and understand how the best Task Management software can benefit your company. Register and try out the following apps that have received high SmartScore rankings and customer satisfaction rating in our task management software reviews: Wrike reviews, Clarizen, JIRA, Projectplace, Mavenlink, ProWorkflow, Guru Technolabs PMS, and WorkflowMax.
- Freelancers and small teams can use task management software to boost their productivity.
- Medium-sized companies and large multi-departmental enterprises can also use the solution for increased efficiency.
What are Examples of Task Management Software?
- Wrike: Wrike is a widely used project management application that enables multifunctional teams to collaborate and complete their work effectively in one place.
- Clarizen: Clarizen is used by many Fortune 500 companies as it combines powerful project management with social engagement.
- Trello: Trello is a collaboration software that helps users to discuss projects in real-time. It keeps everybody in the loop through email notifications, activity log, and task assignments.
- JIRA: JIRA has been created to help users capture, assign, and set priorities to their project tasks.
- Projectplace: Projectplace offers useful business management tools, real-time communication functionality, and online collaboration features.
Types of Task Management Software
Most task management apps can be used in range of different companies, but some software programs are more suited to specific industries. For instance, a software company will need a task management app like Trello that supports agile development methodology. On the other hand, companies in the construction sector require an industry-specific software that offers more project management features.
Key Features of Task Management Software
- To-do lists – You can prepare to-do lists to prioritize and complete tasks on time
- Audit trails – Helps to ensure compliance with regulations
- Mobile support – Mobile apps enable users to access the system on the go
- Integrations – Integrations with third party apps boost efficiency and productivity
- Document control – Control access to documents based on user role
Benefits of Task Management Software
- Helps you assign, prioritize, and organize tasks, all from a central location
- Allows you to set milestones and goals, manage deadlines, and keep track of deliverables
- Breaks down big projects into smaller related and dependent tasks
- Removes the need to remember all tasks and sends you timely reminders to boost your productivity
- Integrates all tasks to provide a quality product for the clients with reduced cost
Most task management apps have a monthly subscription pricing system that is based on the number of users who access and use the software. If you expect to add more number of users, then you should calculate beforehand what the cost will be to avoid unexpected surprises.
Another trend is the availability of open-source and free task management apps. These systems are ideal for smaller teams, but they do not provide regular updates or guaranteed support. Free and open-source apps also throw up security concerns, which is important if your project involves sharing important files.
- Email Notification: In most task management apps, notifications are done by email. This means you need to keep checking your email often to keep track of updates. To solve this issue, there needs to be a method to notify about task updates without depending on email. Vendors can consider developing a desktop application that you can keep open to get instant notifications.
- No Way to Put Up Asynchronous Communication: Another drawback is in most task management apps you cannot put up status updates for asynchronous communication. This means you can only communicate about projects and tasks, but if you wish to send out an update saying you are travelling or going away for a couple of hours, you cannot do so. Vendors should look into this issue too and provide a suitable solution to it.
We hope this buyer’s guide has adequately informed you about the pros and cons of task management software. Be clear about your needs and then go about selecting a suitable application that fulfills all your requirements.
List of Task Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our site employs our certified SmartScore™ algorithm to evaluate all the products in the Task Management Software category to help you choose the best possible service. It includes the following aspects: main modules, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integration, ease of use, customer support, security, support for mobile devices, media rating. As of now, Wrike is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After thorough evaluation it got the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you include it as one of the solutions for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A look at total user satisfaction with the software in our Task Management Software category based on our unique algorythm that gathers user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media sites to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Pricing Read More
Every vendor in the Task Management Software category will have a different set of pricing packages for its app and each package will include a unique set of elements. Below we list the overal pricing for the cheapest package available for each app. Please note that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what type of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B tools in the Task Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Check what languages and countries are served by the top B2B apps in the Task Management Software category, including services designed for international markets and created for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Find out which pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Task Management Software category to see which one suits your business requirements and expenses best. Note that specific software can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of what groups of customers a specific B2B software in the Task Management Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of product deployement are offered by every B2B vendor in the Task Management Software category. Although most of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based certain solutions might offer an on-site deployment model as well.