Find out more about Task Management Software
What is Task Management Software?
Task management software helps you to execute large projects effectively and on schedule. The system helps you to generate feasible targets and deadlines in line with the data you include in the application. Plus, you can link interdependent tasks for the purpose of seeing the whole picture and to make sure your team members balance, and not contradict, their deliverables. You can use task management software to predict problems and opportunities, and reorganize your methods and resources according to the changing circumstances. The system can help you to achieve your goals and objectives no matter what type of project you use it for. Before you make a final investment decision, try out the free trials of the top-rated apps, in particular Wrike which has been selected as the leader in this category.
Most Popular Task Management Software
Best Task Management Software
How To Choose The Best Task Management Software
There are numerous task management software applications available in the market. This makes it hard to sort out the good ones from the average online apps. This buyer’s guide gives you tips on what features to look for while you go about selecting the best Task Management Software for enterprises or small and medium businesses.
Get to know each product with free trial
The best way to start is to sign up for the free trial plans of popular task management software applications to check out the main functionalities of each system. The free trial plans give you ample time to gauge the strengths and drawbacks of each app and understand how the best Task Management software can benefit your company. Register and try out the following task management apps that have received a high SmartScore and customer satisfaction rating: Wrike reviews, Clarizen, JIRA, Projectplace, Mavenlink, ProWorkflow, Guru Technolabs PMS, and WorkflowMax.
- Freelancers and small teams can use task management software to boost their productivity.
- Medium-sized companies and large multi-departmental enterprises can also use the solution for increased efficiency.
- Wrike: Wrike is a widely used project management application that enables multifunctional teams to collaborate and complete their work effectively in one place.
- Clarizen: Clarizen is used by many Fortune 500 companies as it combines powerful project management with social engagement.
- Trello: Trello is a collaboration software that helps users to discuss projects in real-time. It keeps everybody in the loop through email notifications, activity log, and task assignments.
- JIRA: JIRA has been created to help users capture, assign, and set priorities to their project tasks.
- Projectplace: Projectplace offers useful business management tools, real-time communication functionality, and online collaboration features.
Types of Task Management Software
Most task management apps can be used in range of different companies, but some software programs are more suited to specific industries. For instance, a software company will need a task management app like Trello that supports agile development methodology. On the other hand, companies in the construction sector require an industry-specific software that offers more project management features.
Key Features of Task Management Software
- To-do lists – You can prepare to-do lists to prioritize and complete tasks on time
- Audit trails – Helps to ensure compliance with regulations
- Mobile support – Mobile apps enable users to access the system on the go
- Integrations – Integrations with third party apps boost efficiency and productivity
- Document control – Control access to documents based on user role
Benefits of Task Management Software
- Helps you assign, prioritize, and organize tasks, all from a central location
- Allows you to set milestones and goals, manage deadlines, and keep track of deliverables
- Breaks down big projects into smaller related and dependent tasks
- Removes the need to remember all tasks and sends you timely reminders to boost your productivity
- Integrates all tasks to provide a quality product for the clients with reduced cost
Most task management apps have a monthly subscription pricing system that is based on the number of users who access and use the software. If you expect to add more number of users, then you should calculate beforehand what the cost will be to avoid unexpected surprises.
Another trend is the availability of open-source and free task management apps. These systems are ideal for smaller teams, but they do not provide regular updates or guaranteed support. Free and open-source apps also throw up security concerns, which is important if your project involves sharing important files.
- Email Notification: In most task management apps, notifications are done by email. This means you need to keep checking your email often to keep track of updates. To solve this issue, there needs to be a method to notify about task updates without depending on email. Vendors can consider developing a desktop application that you can keep open to get instant notifications.
- No Way to Put Up Asynchronous Communication: Another drawback is in most task management apps you cannot put up status updates for asynchronous communication. This means you can only communicate about projects and tasks, but if you wish to send out an update saying you are travelling or going away for a couple of hours, you cannot do so. Vendors should look into this issue too and provide a suitable solution to it.
We hope this buyer’s guide has adequately informed you about the pros and cons of task management software. Be clear about your needs and then go about selecting a suitable application that fulfills all your requirements.
All Task Management Software Reviews
Page last modified
FinancesOnline makes us of our innovative SmartScore™ method to examine all the products in the Time Tracking Software category in orded to help you decide on the best possible software. It evaluates the following factors: essential components, collaboration possibilities, customization, integration, ease of use, help & support, how secure a software is, support for smartphones and tablets, scores in other media. Currently, Clarizen is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. After extensive examination it received the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your needs.
An overview of total user satisfaction with the service in the Time Tracking Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that analyzes user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media platforms in order to help you make an informed buying decision.
Each vendor in the Time Tracking Software category will offer a different set of pricing plans for its service and every plan will include a varied group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest plan offered for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B solutions in the Time Tracking Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Check what languages and geographies are served by the popular B2B apps in the Time Tracking Software category, including apps intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Examine which pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the Time Tracking Software category to check which one suits your business preferences and expenses best. Be aware that some services can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
A brief look at what types of clients a given B2B solution in the Time Tracking Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.