Find out more about Visual Project Management Software
What is Visual Project Management Software?
Visual project management software helps managers to handle even complex projects efficiently and on schedule. It helps you to develop feasible milestones and due dates complying with the details you provide in the program. On top of that, it is possible to link interdependent goals to get an insight on the complete business landscape and to ensure your team members collaborate on, and not contradict, their deliverables. A visual ticker is a feature of visual project management software. Additionally, the system makes it easy to anticipate problems and possibilities and alter your methods according to positive or negative conditions. Regardless of the type of project you are using it for, visual project management software can be a handy tool to help you complete your mission effectively and easily. As a matter of fact, you can read about the leaders in this category and choose Wrike or another top-rated platform.
Top 10 Most Popular Visual Project Management Software
How To Choose The Best Visual Project Management Software
Project management software is one of the most diverse IT categories in the market, and it encompasses hundreds (if not thousands) of project governance methodologies. The sudden emergence and rapid development of quality solutions forced developers to look for one distinctive advantage that would take them out of the box, which is pretty much how they came across visual project management: they invested in thinking and self-initiative.
Visual project management is by far the most advanced PM discipline, as its design rests on the particular idea of taking real-time analysis to the most functional and business-suitable level. Pipeline insight is where software tends to be most useful, which makes such online assets in the toolkit the best thing that ever happened to your company.
The problem, however, is that visual project managers can be either head-spinning, or a chip on your shoulder, and choosing the first won’t always depend on you.
Get to know each product with free trial
In order to choose the best Visual Project Management Software for enterprises or SMBs, it is a good idea to sign up for the free trial plans or demo offered by leading visual project management software providers. The free trial period gives you enough time to check out the software’s features and understand how it can boost your employees’ productivity. You can start by registering for the free trials of programs that have received high SmartScore rankings in our visual project management software reviews, as for instance AtTask reviews.
Visual management software platforms highlight the importance of graphical representation of data, which makes it suitable for every project management subcategory, the same as any team/individual wishing to follow milestones, task hierarchies, WIP, etc.
To start, visual managers are ideal for traditional CEO Managers and teams, dealing with wide frameworks, and balancing risks between various projects at the same time. Gantts and burndown charts will prove critical to their need for dedicated, fully-enabled, and deep visualization of data compared to traditional methodologies and solutions.
The IT teams (CTOs, for instance) also find visual management tools invaluable for their software procurement, together with the fact that they are always interested in upgrading features as much as possible, and to discover a tool which can respond to their complex development and demands, especially testing and bug-tracking.
Generally speaking, the best Visual Project Management software will be welcomed by any agile team in a company, as long as the iterative management and collaboration require top marketing tasks to be performed without complex IT knowledge.
What are Examples of Visual Project Management Software?
- Kanbanize: Kanbanize is a fresh and modern project management app that uses the Kanban concept to help you easily manage all your projects at once.
- RationalPlan: It is a project management software for small business and big firms that emphasizes on fast learning, simplified use, and improving productivity.
- SwiftKanban: SwiftKanban is a web-based enterprise/portfolio Kanban and visual management application for enterprises and both co-located and distributed teams.
- LeanKit: LeanKit is a flexible solution designed for the practical and effective implementation of Kanban.
- ToDo: It is a simple software that is easy to implement and use. You can use ToDo to organize your business work, collaborate with your team members and more.
Types of Visual Project Management Software
- Kanban boards (manual or online) – Kanban software can be used by distributed teams manage complex projects that involve multiple responsibilities and roles.
- Online project management software – This type of app can be used by project managers and teams to collaborate, communicate, and prioritize their work to ensure successful project completion.
- Whiteboards/sticky notes/ task boards – This is a basic yet popular visual management tool that can be used to conduct status meetings and provide a glance at work-in-progress to company managers.
Key Features of Visual Project Management Software
- Beautiful and usable design: The trouble is that these two rarely go together. You will either love the looks or the productivity, and the idea is to love both of them. Therefore, look for a simple, intuitive solution that inspires you to work when you just look at it.
- Impeccable integration: You should consider the attributes of your current workflow, and look for a solution that will blend in, instead of standing out. Having to import/export data manually won’t make the system useful to you, so look backwards, and choose an ideal one.
- A breakdown structure: Visualization of tasks and subtasks is the most distinctive advantage of visual project managers, so accept nothing less than that.
- Graphic reporting: All project managers employ a different performance-monitoring methodology, but the things they all should have are graph charts and key performance indicators. The more details on productivity trends they deliver, the better, but keep in mind that you need a tool that has a displaying manner you can understand.
- Dashboards and Kanban: As a user in the system, you will have your own role and will see/perform activities based on your permissions. Kanban, on the other hand, is the card-based system which will allow you to move and store repetitive tasks and activities.
- Timelines and calendars: Basic lists are no longer enough, and you need a proper timeline to plan future activities based on current tasks. The ideal visual manager should offer drag-and-drop roadmaps, boards, and individual progress lists.
- Customization: Don’t settle for programs without dynamic visualization, but ones where your hands are completely untied to customize items, and to sort them in a way which suits your business needs.
Benefits of Visual Project Management Software
Productivity in the digital world is a sphere where almost everything has already been thought of. As a creative and visual right-brainer, you won’t find the limitations too practical, because you like to take transformation notes down, rather than simply monitoring your business processes. And that’s where visual project management becomes most useful.
Our detailed comparisons show that the following is the list of benefits of using quality visual management software:
Staying ahead of time
The time devoted to every project/task is critical for a manager to understand how his employees are performing, and to distinguish practices that can be re-applied in future. The concept sounds simple, but there is nothing simple about it when you try to put all indicators under one roof.
Visual managers contain advanced project management tools which ‘capture’ periods, and summarize them into comprehensive timesheets that allow tracking functionality. Most of the time, they inject those directly into your management plan, and minimize the manual work you’re usually doing.
Where we stand nowadays, it is absolutely not enough to follow a task as such – you need to be aware of every single component, line, difficulty, and priority in order to attribute your work as efficient. Technical problems are the ones that mess with efficiency the most, and lead to lasting disruptions, open questions, and hiring expensive issue managers to pull them away.
Luckily, bug-tracking is an integrated feature of open-source visual managers, meaning that they are enabled to maintain themselves and to provide improved technical organization. At the same time, they are empowered with practical reporting, testing, and easy-to-use interfaces.
Advanced planning and management
Visual project managers reveal the specific interconnection between tasks, and offer a variety of flexible mapping advantages compared to their conventional counterparts. For instance, you get to break tasks down to assignments level, to identify who is responsible for each assignment, and to estimate the time necessary for the accomplishment of each task.
VM systems also bring up a whole new level of collaboration: centralized databases are no longer only common storage locations, but also collaborative dashboards for geographically remote teams. They are packed with numerous tools for sharing and asynchronous editing, both for advanced and non-technical audiences.
In order to enable you to turn raw data into intelligence resources, visual managers incorporate a multitude of analytic tools, often in the form of graphic performance reports with key indicators, and forecasts based on resource utilization.
Before jumping on any numbers or calculations, we are glad to inform you that many open-source managers are for free. Using one, however, puts you on the edge of the knife, as capacity is limited (add-ons may be required), support is lacking, and security is nowhere close to guaranteed. Yet, trying won’t harm, so do a comparison and see whether you can find one that is suitable for you.
The good news is that transition from a free to a paid version is often painless: visual software prices start as low as $10 per month/user, and depend on the features and reputation of the vendor whose services you intend to use. A decisive criterion is deployment, as certain VPMs are SaaS, while others are on-premise.
List of Visual Project Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website employs our unique SmartScore™ mode to analyze all the software in the Visual Project Management Software category in orded to help you select the best possible software. It pays attention to the following elements: cruscial components, collaboration elements, custom elements, integration, ease of use, help & support, security, mobility, ratings in media. As of now, Wrike is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. Following extensive research and analysis it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the solutions for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A look at overall user satisfaction with the services in our Visual Project Management Software category based on our unique algorythm that collects user reviews, comments and opinions across a wide range of social media platforms to help you make an educated investment choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Visual Project Management Software category will provide a different group of pricing plans for its app and every plan will include a different group of features. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest package offered for each app. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
Devices Supported Read More
A summary of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B solutions in the Visual Project Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Find out what languages and countries are supported by the best B2B services in the Visual Project Management Software category, including services intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Examine which pricing packages are supported by the vendors in the Visual Project Management Software category to see which one fits your business preferences and budget best. Keep in mind that certain services can provide free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
Customer Types Read More
An analysis of what kinds of customers a selected B2B solution in the Visual Project Management Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of software deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Visual Project Management Software category. Although the majority of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based certain services may offer an on-site deployment model as well.