Find out more about Visual Project Management Software
What is Visual Project Management Software?
Visual project management software helps managers to handle even complex projects efficiently and on schedule. It helps you to develop feasible milestones and due dates complying with the details you provide in the program. On top of that, it is possible to link interdependent goals to get an insight on the complete business landscape and to ensure your team members collaborate on, and not contradict, their deliverables. A visual ticker is a feature of visual project management software. Additionally, the system makes it easy to anticipate problems and possibilities and alter your methods according to positive or negative conditions. Regardless of the type of project you are using it for, visual project management software can be a handy tool to help you complete your mission effectively and easily. As a matter of fact, you can read about the leaders in this category and choose Wrike or another top-rated platform.
Most Popular Visual Project Management Software
Best Visual Project Management Software
How To Choose The Best Visual Project Management Software
Project management software is one of the most diverse IT categories in the market, and it encompasses hundreds (if not thousands) of project governance methodologies. The sudden emergence and rapid development of quality solutions forced developers to look for one distinctive advantage that would take them out of the box, which is pretty much how they came across visual project management: they invested in thinking and self-initiative.
Visual project management is by far the most advanced PM discipline, as its design rests on the particular idea of taking real-time analysis to the most functional and business-suitable level. Pipeline insight is where software tends to be most useful, which makes such online assets in the toolkit the best thing that ever happened to your company.
The problem, however, is that visual project managers can be either head-spinning, or a chip on your shoulder, and choosing the first won’t always depend on you.
Get to know each product with free trial
In order to choose the best Visual Project Management Software for enterprises or SMBs, it is a good idea to sign up for the free trial plans offered by leading vendors. The free trial period gives you enough time to check out the software’s features and understand how it can boost your employees’ productivity. You can start by registering for the free trials of apps that have received a high SmartScore in the visual project management subcategory, as for instance AtTask reviews.
Visual management software highlights the importance of graphical representation of data, which makes it suitable for every project management subcategory, the same as any team/individual wishing to follow milestones, task hierarchies, WIP, etc.
To start, visual managers are ideal for traditional CEO Managers and teams, dealing with wide frameworks, and balancing risks between various projects at the same time. Gantts and burndown charts will prove critical to their need for dedicated, fully-enabled, and deep visualization of data compared to traditional methodologies and solutions.
The IT teams (CTOs, for instance) also find visual managers invaluable for their software procurement, together with the fact that they are always interested in upgrading features as much as possible, and to discover a tool which can respond to their complex development and demands, especially testing and bug-tracking.
Generally speaking, the best Visual Project Management software will be welcomed by any agile team in a company, as long as the iterative management and collaboration require top marketing tasks to be performed without complex IT knowledge.
- Kanbanize: Kanbanize is a fresh and modern project management app that uses the Kanban concept to help you easily manage all your projects at once.
- RationalPlan: It is a project management software that emphasizes on fast learning, simplified use, and improving productivity.
- SwiftKanban: SwiftKanban is a web-based enterprise/portfolio Kanban and visual management application for enterprises and both co-located and distributed teams.
- LeanKit: LeanKit is a flexible solution designed for the practical and effective implementation of Kanban.
- ToDo: It is a simple software that is easy to implement and use. You can use ToDo to organize your business work, collaborate with your team members and more.
Types of Visual Project Management Software
- Kanban boards (manual or online) – Kanban software can be used by distributed teams manage complex projects that involve multiple responsibilities and roles.
- Online project management software – This type of app can be used by project managers and teams to collaborate, communicate, and prioritize their work to ensure successful project completion.
- Whiteboards/sticky notes/ task boards – This is a basic yet popular visual management tool that can be used to conduct status meetings and provide a glance at work-in-progress to company managers.
Key Features of Visual Project Management Software
- Beautiful and usable design: The trouble is that these two rarely go together. You will either love the looks or the productivity, and the idea is to love both of them. Therefore, look for a simple, intuitive solution that inspires you to work when you just look at it.
- Impeccable integration: You should consider the attributes of your current workflow, and look for a solution that will blend in, instead of standing out. Having to import/export data manually won’t make the system useful to you, so look backwards, and choose an ideal one.
- A breakdown structure: Visualization of tasks and subtasks is the most distinctive advantage of visual project managers, so accept nothing less than that.
- Graphic reporting: All project managers employ a different performance-monitoring methodology, but the things they all should have are graph charts and key performance indicators. The more details on productivity trends they deliver, the better, but keep in mind that you need a tool that has a displaying manner you can understand.
- Dashboards and Kanban: As a user in the system, you will have your own role and will see/perform activities based on your permissions. Kanban, on the other hand, is the card-based system which will allow you to move and store repetitive tasks and activities.
- Timelines and calendars: Basic lists are no longer enough, and you need a proper timeline to plan future activities based on current tasks. The ideal visual manager should offer drag-and-drop roadmaps, boards, and individual progress lists.
- Customization: Don’t settle for programs without dynamic visualization, but ones where your hands are completely untied to customize items, and to sort them in a way which suits your business needs.
Benefits of Visual Project Management Software
Productivity in the digital world is a sphere where almost everything has already been thought of. As a creative and visual right-brainer, you won’t find the limitations too practical, because you like to take transformation notes down, rather than simply monitoring your business processes. And that’s where visual project management becomes most useful.
These are the benefits of using quality visual management software:
Staying ahead of time
The time devoted to every project/task is critical for a manager to understand how his employees are performing, and to distinguish practices that can be re-applied in future. The concept sounds simple, but there is nothing simple about it when you try to put all indicators under one roof.
Visual managers contain advanced project management tools which ‘capture’ periods, and summarize them into comprehensive timesheets that allow tracking functionality. Most of the time, they inject those directly into your management plan, and minimize the manual work you’re usually doing.
Where we stand nowadays, it is absolutely not enough to follow a task as such – you need to be aware of every single component, line, difficulty, and priority in order to attribute your work as efficient. Technical problems are the ones that mess with efficiency the most, and lead to lasting disruptions, open questions, and hiring expensive issue managers to pull them away.
Luckily, bug-tracking is an integrated feature of open-source visual managers, meaning that they are enabled to maintain themselves and to provide improved technical organization. At the same time, they are empowered with practical reporting, testing, and easy-to-use interfaces.
Advanced planning and management
Visual project managers reveal the specific interconnection between tasks, and offer a variety of flexible mapping advantages compared to their conventional counterparts. For instance, you get to break tasks down to assignments level, to identify who is responsible for each assignment, and to estimate the time necessary for the accomplishment of each task.
VM systems also bring up a whole new level of collaboration: centralized databases are no longer only common storage locations, but also collaborative dashboards for geographically remote teams. They are packed with numerous tools for sharing and asynchronous editing, both for advanced and non-technical audiences.
In order to enable you to turn raw data into intelligence resources, visual managers incorporate a multitude of analytic tools, often in the form of graphic performance reports with key indicators, and forecasts based on resource utilization.
Before jumping on any numbers or calculations, we are glad to inform you that many open-source managers are for free. Using one, however, puts you on the edge of the knife, as capacity is limited (add-ons may be required), support is lacking, and security is nowhere close to guaranteed. Yet, trying won’t harm, so see whether you can find one that is suitable for you.
The good news is that transition from a free to a paid version is often painless: visual software prices start as low as $10 per month/user, and depend on the features and reputation of the vendor whose services you intend to use. A decisive criterion is deployment, as certain VPMs are SaaS, while others are on-premise.
All Visual Project Management Software Reviews
Page last modified
FinancesOnline makes us of our innovative SmartScore™ method to examine all the products in the Time Tracking Software category in orded to help you decide on the best possible software. It evaluates the following factors: essential components, collaboration possibilities, customization, integration, ease of use, help & support, how secure a software is, support for smartphones and tablets, scores in other media. Currently, Clarizen is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. After extensive examination it received the best results among its competitors and we strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your needs.
An overview of total user satisfaction with the service in the Time Tracking Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that analyzes user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media platforms in order to help you make an informed buying decision.
Each vendor in the Time Tracking Software category will offer a different set of pricing plans for its service and every plan will include a varied group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest plan offered for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B solutions in the Time Tracking Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Check what languages and geographies are served by the popular B2B apps in the Time Tracking Software category, including apps intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Examine which pricing plans are provided by the vendors in the Time Tracking Software category to check which one suits your business preferences and expenses best. Be aware that some services can offer free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
A brief look at what types of clients a given B2B solution in the Time Tracking Software category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to big enterprises.